The very mention of “worship” with reference to comeback makes some people nervous. “Are we going to have to promote this style?” “Is the answer for churches to be traditional? Or contemporary?” The answer is, “None of the above.” The answer is for churches to give worship to God.
Worship matters. It was consistently mentioned, consistently considered, consistently a point of controversy and consistently essential among Comeback Churches in the research.
About ‘Comeback Churches’
This video is part of the ‘Comeback Churches’ series.
Studies show that the North American church is shrinking as the number of unchurched adults continues to increase in shocking proportions. Churches are stagnant and in need of a return to healthy evangelistic growth.
Based on the book, Comeback Churches: How 300 Churches Turned Around and Yours Can Too by Ed Stetzer and Mike Dodson, the Kentucky Baptist Convention in partnership with Ed Stetzer has developed a Comeback Churches CD and listening guides that can help give direction to weakened churches seeking to make a comeback.
Is your church in need of a comeback?
Contents of CD
- Ed Stetzer teaches for 12 to 15 minutes on each of the five key factors that contributed to 323 churches experiencing turnaround.
- He focuses on “How to apply comeback principles in your setting.”
- The five key factors addressed include the following: Visionary Leadership; Renewed focus on the person of Jesus and the mission of the church; Celebrative Worship; Lay Involvement in Ministry; Intentional Evangelism.
Review this Resource Now
- Comeback Churches Listening Guide: Visional Leadership
- Comeback Churches Listening Guide: Renewed Focus on Jesus Christ and the Mission of the Church
- Comeback Churches Listening Guide: Celebrative Worship
- Comeback Churches Listening Guide: Lay Mobilization
- Comeback Churches Listening Guide: Network Meeting on Evangelism
Options for Using the Resource
Option #1 Five Week Wednesday Night Series on Comeback Churches
Show the 12 minute segments for five consecutive weeks in the Wednesday Night Bible Study Time. After viewing the segment form small groups and discuss “What did we hear? What does it mean for our church? How do we need to improve in this key area? How could we begin to apply these principles in our church?
Option#2 Five Month Deacon’s Meetings Emphasis on Comeback Churches
Show the 12 minute segments for five consecutive deacon’s meetings. After viewing the segment discuss “What did we hear? What does it mean for our church? How do we need to improve in this key area? How could we begin to apply these principles in our church?
Option #3 Comeback Churches Seminar
Plan a two and a half hour Seminar using the Comeback Churches Resource.
Option #4 Comeback Churches Retreat
Use the resource in a Church Retreat
Option #5 Comeback Churches Conference led by a Pastoral Ministry Consultant.
One of our pastoral ministry consultants can assist you by leading a Comeback Churches Conference.
For More Information
If your church is interested in the Comeback Church Process, please contact our office at 502-489-3335 or 866-489-3135 (toll free in KY.