Leading an international mission trip is an incredible privilege. It’s also a major responsibility. Prepare yourself now by learning what to expect, how to plan your strategy and how to manage those important logistics. Team Leader Training is open to any Kentucky Baptist planning to lead a mission trip or interested in learning more about leading a trip.
You’ll learn best practices for:
- Leading a Mission Team
- Communicating with Those Involved
- Planning the Team’s Strategy
- Building and Preparing a Team
- Funding the Mission Project
- Taking Wise Precautions
- Doing Missions on the Field
- Departing, Arriving, Returning, Reporting
- Putting it All Together
Spread the word! If you know someone in your church or association who would be interested in leading a volunteer mission team, please invite him or her to attend.
|6:45 pm||Training Sessions|
|8:30 am||Doors Open|
|9:00 am||Training Sessions|
|1:00 pm||Training Sessions|
- Qualities of a Good Team Leader
- Fundamentals of Team Leadership
- Training the Team for Effectiveness
- Team Spiritual Preparation
- Team Health and Safety Precautions
- KBC Volunteer Opportunities
- Church Planting Strategy and Your Participation
- Tips on Communicating
- Security and Crisis Management
- Funding the Missions Trip
- Passports, Visas and Other Necessary Documents
- Planning Your Trip Step-by-Step
There is no charge for the training, but registration is required. Click here to register now. Your gifts through the Cooperative Program support this valuable training event.
As an added bonus, those who complete Team Leader Training and then head up a team for the KBC in the future will receive a $500 scholarship toward that trip.
A complimentary hotel room (double occupancy) will be provided for the first 50 registrants upon request.)