Project More Senior (PMS) give Kentucky senior an opportunity to impact our state for Christ! It means seniors come together for the common purpose of sharing Christ with Kentucky. Our ultimate goal is to lead people to Jesus Christ—either for the first time or through a renewed commitment.
PMS begins when a senior adult group agrees to look for opportunities to share Christ in their communities and then share those results—March 1 through April 30, 2014. It’s also the kick off to the Senior Living Celebrations, April 29, May 1, and May 2, 2014.
The project is your choice. So allow Christ to be creative through your group! Instead of holding the “typical” monthly potluck meeting, chose to go as a group into your community. Perhaps you can serve at a local kitchen and interact with those who come through, leaving an encouraging word about how much God loves them.
Maybe your group can go praying walking through your neighborhood, looking for opportunities to talk with neighbors. The opportunities are endless with God!
So, organize today and then go do!
We want you to send us pictures, results and even testimonies. We’ll provide helpful links for reporting soon.
Remember…. ask permission to take pictures.
PMS is wherever God leads you to plan and participate in an evangelistic project in Kentucky!
Simply follow this link to sign up to do an evangelistic project in your community. Then download the results sheet so that you can record the God-sized results on line after your project. Be prepared to upload pictures too, sharing the joy with others!
What does it mean to be a Project Captain?
- Commit to pray daily for Project More Seniors.
- You will lead your Project Volunteers in the project which you either submit OR choose one from the Project More Mission Opportunity List.
- If you chose a project from the Project More Mission Opportunity List, you must contact the project contact listed in order to receive complete instructions. You may do this via email or use the phone number provided. NOTE: if you contact them via email, follow-up with a phone call. Remember, they are providing a great service by listing their ministry as a possible project opportunity. As they are extremely busy, make sure that you, as Project Captain, get all details and share them with your volunteers.
- Projects can be something that your church will already be doing during this time or something new. Here are just a few ideas:
- Prayerwalking while looking for opportunities to share your faith
- Assist a crisis pregnancy center or women’s shelter
- Select an opportunity from the project list.
- All PMS projects should be evangelistic in nature and occur within the window of March 1 and April 30. (Note: only projects allowing direct interaction with individuals in hopes of sharing your faith are considered evangelistic in nature.)
- Contact your Project Volunteers and give instructions (i.e. the project details, time and date to show up, directions to the location, expectations of for the project, etc.). Encourage others as you follow through with the project.
- Schedule your project between March 1 and April 31.
- Complete the evangelism training online (scroll down to the “HeartCall” section) OR email us to plan an evangelistic training at your church.
- Review the Project More Information Results Sheet before your project date.
- Each Project Captain will need a Project More Information Results Sheet to complete on project day.
- Collect sheets OR designate a drop box in a secure location.
- Compile and Upload results after the project as quickly as possible—prior to midnight, April 30.
We have complimentary HeartTalk tracts for each group that signs up—while supplies last. You only have to pay shipping and handling.
Once you sign up and provide the date of your evangelistic project, you will have the opportunity to request evangelistic training. We will train your group how to make the most of opportunities! You can contact Shelly Johns to organize training at your location in February and March 2014 (perhaps even early April. So organize your senior adult group today and pray for the harvest!
It’s a Senior Living Celebration!
Groups who sign up and share their results will receive special recognition at the Senior Living Celebration they attend. Now get out there and win our state for Christ!