Serving a church that is in transition is a special ministry. KBC and Warren Association of Baptists want to help equip experienced pastors for this unique ministry through a two-day conference in Bowling Green.
Tuesday: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Wednesday: 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Fees are $100 per person and cover materials, lunch both days and Friday’s dinner. Participants are responsible for lodging.
Training will focus on:
- The Role and Responsibilities of a Transitional Interim Pastor
- The Transition Process
- Assessing the Church’s History
- Assessing the Church’s Current Realities
- Strategic Preparation for the Church’s Future
- Preaching and Teaching during the Interim
- Conflict Management and Congregational Healing
- Supporting the Search Committee
- Preparing the Church for the Next Pastor
- Leaving gracefully
Advanced registration is required by contacting Amy Smith at the Warren Association office, (270) 842-4160.
For additional information, contact KBC (toll-free in Kentucky) at 1-866-489-3382.