Join a powerful partnership of the Kentucky Baptist Convention, St. Louis Metro Baptist Association and the North American Mission Board to bring the gospel to St. Louis! There are 2.7 million people in the 15 counties in Missouri and Illinois surrounding the city. These are urban, suburban and rural communities lacking a strong evangelical presence. Currently there is one church per 7,500 people. In Kentucky, there is one KBC-affiliated church per 1,600 people. The partnership focuses on two critical needs: supporting existing churches and starting new congregations!
Support for Existing Churches
There are many ways that Kentucky Baptists can encourage churches in the St. Louis area.
- Block parties
- Children’s outreach
- Inner-city ministries
- Ministries to internationals
- Sports ministries
- Survey work
Through NAMB’s Send North America initiative, Kentucky Baptists can help start new churches or support newly planted congregations.
- Start a prayer ministry for a new church, or a specific community that needs a church.
- Provide financial support.
- Send short-term volunteers to help a new church reach its community.
- Encourage your church to sponsor a church plant or partner with other churches to do so.
- Train and support a church planter from your congregation to serve in St. Louis.