Kentucky Baptist Disaster Relief volunteers were among the first to respond to needs created by Hurricane Sandy. Here’s what volunteers have accomplished so far:
- Volunteer Days: 1499 days of ministry
- Meals Prepared: 350,615 meals to those affected
- Families Assisted with Flood recovery/Mud-out: 15
- Families assisted with Chainsaw assistance: 5
- Showers Provided: 292
- Laundry Loads Provided: 66
- Chaplaincy Contacts: 133
- Ministry Contacts: 877
- Gospel Presentations: 25
- Decisions for Christ: 9
KY Baptist Disaster Relief units Deployed: 2 mobile feeding kitchens, 2 shower units, 1 damage assessment team, 1 chaplain team, Incident Command team and 5 chainsaw/flood recovery mobile units.
KY Baptist Disaster Relief still deployed in New York City area: 1 mobile feeding kitchen, 1 shower unit, 1 chainsaw/flood recovery unit, and Incident Command team.