High Mountain Equine Outreach has numerous projects and outreaches planned. They can use help from very short term/ long weekend projects to week long projects to ongoing or summer long intern positions.
Current needs – Short term/weekend projects
MISSIONARY HOUSING REPAIRS (many repairs, updates are needed not only because of age/disrepair but because it is affecting the health of the missionaries. (NOTE: If anyone has the ability to do environmental testing on air quality and water quality in house this is an urgent need).
- Rip out carpet out of 1 bedroom and hallway (refinish floors underneath or install wood flooring)
- Refinish hardwood floors
- Replace all soffits
- Clean and Paint exterior siding
- Install new floor in bathroom
- Install new flooring in Kitchen
- Install cabinets, install dishwasher (already have supplies)
1. Install insulation for under flowing of office and ministry room and cover with paneling underneath as it will be open to downstairs barn area (Approx. 2-3 day project)
2. Run plumbing to kitchenette in ministry area and install cabinets.
3. (Above #1 must be completed first) In wash rack/vet check area, install insulation above wash rack (under kitchenette) and then cover ceiling and walls with metal sheeting, finish plumbing and install sink, counter and shelf, install water proof lights (wiring already complete)
4. Install boards on walls of stalls (wood already supplied)
5. Dig stalls down on grade, cover entire stalls with class I sand 4 inches deep
6. Put in 4 inches gravel down entire barn aisle, pour 4 inch concrete down entire aisle
7. Install ministry room flooring (approx. cost $2000)
8. There are also various decorating and landscaping needs.
Team needs for SPECIAL OUTREACH
Summer 2016 –
- Veterans Retreat – Looking for Christian combat veterans and others who would like to come in and mentor other veterans who will be attending a retreat/healing time at High Mountain. Retreat will include hiking, PT, shooting, horsemanship, relaxation, etc.
- Horsemanship Camps – Needing groups or partial groups that can help with Horsemanship camp. Looking for individuals that have a heart for working with at-risk youth, community youth and doing various things associated with this type outreach. Previous horse skills are appreciated but NOT required. If you have a heart for helping with horses and aren’t afraid of horses, they can use you. There are also non-horse related gifts and needs such as arts and crafts, photography, drama/skits to music, construction needs listed above, landscaping, etc.
Upcoming VERY Large Projects to be complete 2016-2017
- Build small indoor arena with handicap accessible bathroom, viewing room and therapy room. Building size will be approx. 90′ X 110′ with arena space being 70′ X 90
- Build hay shed
- Install large outdoor arena 130′ X 200′
- remove thin layer of top soil (dozer or tractor blade)
- dig trenches and install drain tile, cover with gravel
- install long side fencing and cross tie catches or pressure treated lumber footing holders
- pray for funds to purchase and install layered footing materials
Available dates: Volunteers needed year round. Contact directors.
High Mountain Horsemanship Outreach serves many with deep hurts. God uses the horses and horsemanship to share his love and break down barriers. The horses are ministry partners in mentoring students and sharing the good news and hope of Jesus. The ministry is still completing facilities to reach the full vision that God has for High Mountain. They serve the youth year round thru lessons and in the summer offer week long “camps” which are learning intensives where they come daily to enjoy the horses, learn and for us to impact them with the love of Christ. The goal is to always have 1 adult mentor matched with each student and their horse. This allows for great relationship building and investing thru mentoring and caring. They are looking for partners to accomplish this in the summer as well. Teams of all types are appreciated, whether it be 1-2 days or for those that want to serve longer such as a full week. All are welcome.
Web address – www.thehighmountain.com
Size of Teams: Up to 20 in winter and up to 35 in summer
Housing and Food Preparation:
For small daily costs lodging is available but must be booked WAY in advance as the facilities are used by various organizations and fill up quickly. Cooking facilities are also available at this location.
Materials for Project:
Teams will need to assist with materials needed for projects and camps
Are Background Checks of Volunteers Required for this project? Not required in most cases.