Fall 2013 – Short term projects
1. (approx. 3 days) Help build and install the needed large exterior doors for barn (4 doors) 2 hinged and 2 on tracks This will allow us to get the barn buttoned up for winter.
2. (appox. 2 days) Pull telephone line thru open wall and ceiling and then put in insulation that will be under upstairs ministry and office rooms and cover with paneling as it will be open to downstairs barn area.
3. (approx. 1-2 days) Finish last bit of wall paneling in tack room, trim out and build saddle racks and shelfs. Build and install door.
Other upcoming projects to be completed 2013-2014
1. Run plumbing for kitchenette in ministry area
2. (Above #1 must be completed first) In washrack/vet check area, Install insulation above wash rack (under kitchenette) and then cover ceiling and walls with metal sheeting, finish plumbing and install sink, counter and shelf, install water proof lights (wiring already complete)
3.Line stall walls with Advantech material and install pressure treated foot boards
4. Install kitchenette in ministry area (plumbing, cabinetry, sitting bar, etc.)
5. Dig trench into each stall approx 8 inches deep, install drain tile, cover with gravel (#57’s 3-4 in deep), Cover entire stalls with 3-4 inches gravel, top with class I sand 4 inches deep
6. Put in 4 inches gravel down entire barn aisle, Pour 4 inch concrete down entire aisle
7. Install office and ministry room flooring (Approx. cost $5000)
8. Complete Storage/Bunk room. Install floor joist, flooring insulation, etc… Small amount of wiring for plugs to be completed, Put up T1-11 Paneling and trim out.
9. There will also be Various decorating and landscaping needs
Upcoming VERY Large Projects to be complete 2014-2015
Install large outdoor arena 130′ x 200′
a. remove thin layer of top soil (dozer or tractor blade)
b. dig trenches and install drain tile, cover with gravel
c. Install long side fencing and cross tie catches or pressure treated lumber footing holders
d. $$$ Buy and install layered footing materials
Build small indoor arena with handicap accessible bathroom, viewing room and therapy room Building size will be approx. 90′ x 110′ with arena space being 70′ by 90′
We will also be needing groups or partial groups that can help us with Horsemanship camp. Looking for individuals that have a heart for working with at-risk youth, community youth and doing various things associated with this type outreach. Previous horse skills are appreciated but NOT required. If you have a heart for helping with horses and aren’t afraid of horses, we can use you. There are also non-horse related gifts and needs we could use such as: arts and crafts, photography, drama/skits to music, construction needs listed above, landscaping , etc…
We are excited that you are considering partnering with High Mountain Horsemanship Outreach. We serve many with deep hurts. God uses the horses and horsemanship to share his love and break down barriers. The horses are our ministry partners and thru our time with students we mentor them, share the good news and hope of Jesus and that they have a good future in store for them if they follow Jesus.
We are a young ministry and are still completing facilities to reach the full vision that God has for High Mountain. We have many construction needs. We also serve the youth year round thru lessons and in the summer offer week long “camps” which are learning intensives where they come daily to enjoy the horses, learn and for us to impact them with the love of Christ. Our goal is to always have 1 adult mentor matched with each student and their horse. This allows for great relationship building and investing thru mentoring and caring. We are looking for partners to accomplish this in the summer as well. Teams of all types are appreciated. If you would like to come for 1-2 days or for those that want to serve longer such as a full week, all are welcome.
Other Contact: Web address – www.thehighmountain.com
Size of Teams: Up to 15 in winter and up to 30 in summer
Housing and Food Preparation:
For small daily costs lodging is available but must be booked WAY in advance as the facilities are used by various organizations and fill up quickly. Cooking facilities are also available at this location.
Materials for Project: Teams will need to assist with materials needed for camps
Are Background Checks of Volunteers Required for this project? Call for information.
Available dates: Volunteers needed year round. Contact directors.