A volunteer team is needed to provide children’s activities and help with meal preparations for a Retreat Meeting of the missionaries of the UPG Cluster of Brazil. The children’s ages range from 2 years to teen. The retreat dates are February 24-March 1. The team would need to plan to depart the U.S on February 22nd and depart from Brasilia on March 2, arriving back in the US on March 3, 2014.
There will be a total of 22 children:
3 – Preschoolers ages 2-3
15 – Children ages 5-12
4 – Youth ages 14-18
There will be an overall total of approximately 62 attending this meeting, plus the number on the volunteer team for whom the meals will need to be prepared.
The meeting will take place near Brasilia in the Federal District of Brazil. Volunteers will be staying at the mission office using mattresses on the floor.
A minimum of 10 children’s workers are needed. Also needed are at least three persons to help with the daily food preparation for the retreat.
The team would need to bring most supplies required for the children’s activities. Some equipment might be available on the field, but specific equipment would need to be verified beforehand.
- A U.S. Passport valid through September 1, 2014
- A current Brazilian Visa obtained before departure from the U.S.
- No vaccines are required, but may be recommended by your doctor or the CDC.
- EVERY member of the volunteer team wound be required to have a background check to participate.
February in during the Brazilian summer so the team can expect very warm temperatures during the day, however, night time temperatures might require a jacket. Brasilia normally has a dry, dusty climate which might be problematic for those with upper respiratory conditions.
- Airfare from city of origin to Brasilia, DF, Brasil. (Approx. $1500)
- $300 in-country expenses.
- These are only estimates. Prices may fluctuate
- Also expenses related to required documents – passport and visa and any vaccines.