For the church building:
- Concrete porch repair, which will involve removing old crumbling porch and pouring another.
- Inside: There needs to be some finish work done.
- A door needs to be installed
- At church they have a community food shelf for the needy. They need to have non-slip flooring applied to the ramp leading to food shelf. And some painting done.
- Church has some electrical work needed
- Church needs a new professional grade small copier
- Porch repair at parsonage: siding cleaning
- Most of all they need Prayer walkers and help with evangelism
Description of ministry:
Newbury Bible Church (SBC) is a small village (rural) congregation of about 35 (children, teens and adults) in a very secular, humanitarian area not interested in spiritual things and they are investigating the cults and paganism.
Size of Teams: 10 or so (this can be determined by your churches)
Housing and Food Preparations:
Church building can be used (no showers)
Full kitchen and fellowship hall
There is a Retreat Center that is in Washington, VT, approximately an hour from the Newbury church. This facility is a dorm type of sleeping (bunk beds) on room sleeps 11 and one sleeps 12. There is a group room connecting these bunk rooms and there is a small continental kitchen where breakfasts can be prepared and lunches can be prepared. Also Washington Church usually allows us to have overflow folks there and they allow us to use their kitchen. The cost of the Retreat center is $10 per night per person and Washington charges $1 per person per day to prepare meals there.
Cost Per Person (if applicable): N/A
Materials for Project: Will need to be provided by the teams.
Are Background Checks of Volunteers Required for this Project? No