1. Project Location: Sanyati, Zimbabwe
2. Project Name and General Description of Project: Sanyati Baptist Hospital Makeover
3. Contact Person/Project Director: Peter Sierson Email: email@example.com Phone: 931 797 3535
4. Specific Type of Work to Be Completed: Ceiling work, tile work, cabinets, painting, plumbing, roofing, and electrical are the big needs
a. Work environment (geographic setting): Bush hospital
b. People Group that volunteers will be working with: Shona
5. Specific Dates if applicable (or TBD): Asking for multiple teams from May 2014 until the end of Sept 2014
a. Approx. length of stay including travel time from the U.S. (or other country): 14 days per team
6. Specific skills needed and/or recommended including possible educational requirements and/or credentials if needed: Having a few skilled individuals on a team is critical. There is a Project Manager on site to guide the work. However even those with willing hands and hearts can find ways to move the project forward.
7. Can college students serve in this project? Yes
8. Team Size (minimum/maximum; gender preference, if any): teams larger than 16 become difficult to house.
9. Health considerations/requirements: this is a hot climate and there is a lot of walking. Good health is a must.
10. Ministry items to bring: TBD. Team should contact Peter Sierson concerning this need.
11. Airport of Arrival: Harare, Zimbabwe
12. Local Transportation: there are a few options for a team to consider. Contact Peter Sierson for assistance.
13. Probable lodging arrangements: There is a house, an apartment, and three large walled tents. All have regular beds with mattresses.
14. What, if any, additional items like sleeping bags, sheets, etc. needed: None.
EXPENSES – ON THE FIELD
15. Total Approximate cost: Team total (supposing team of 2 staying 10 days): $ 3,500.00
(included but not limited to the following):
a. Transportation: from and to airport, worksite and lodging location
b. Onsite expenses – food, lodging, translators (if needed)
c. Airport taxes/exit fees (Often only payable in USD)
d. Ministry items to purchase on the field
16. Personal Items to bring: A list can be provided. Contact Peter Sierson Please visit the http://www.sanyatimakeover.com/ web site for additional info.
17. Cultural Considerations (including language): English is well used.
18. Other Special Consideration(s)
a. Specific immunizations: None.
b. Visa needs/requirements: A $30 USD visa is obtained at the airport in Harare
c. Specific security concerns (STS): Visiting missionary friends at Sanyati Hospital
d. Information for landing cards/entry forms: Staying at #9 Fowley Alexandria Harare
e. Climate: Dry and hot.
f. Clothing recommendation(s)/ women must wear skirts. Modest attire
g. Cash, travelers checks, credit cards/ATM’s: US dollars are used. Some ATMs but not near the hospital
h. Communication/email availability (or lack thereof): Limited. It would be best to have the team leader communicate back home and allow the email to be passed along if email is working
i. Emergency contact info:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Sub-Sahara Africa Baptist Global Response/Kentucky Baptist Partnership Checklist
The Kentucky Baptist Convention has compiled a checklist resource to assist our volunteer teams preparing to serve in Sub Sahara Africa. It is important that teams follow the information provided in this document to ensure the best mission experience. Please click on the link to access the Checklist: