MOST is the opportunity for adults to serve full-time or part-time in self-funded mission opportunities for terms of service ranging from 3 weeks up to two years. These terms may be renewable. The mission positions are engaged in missions, church planting or evangelism, or in directly supporting these efforts in cooperative partnership with state and Canadian conventions. Often MOST personnel serve in close support of long-term missionaries.
- Candidates are baptized Christ followers 18 years or older and active members of Southern Baptist churches.
- Serve from 3 weeks to 2 years of service (renewable).
- Missionary or mission support roles – anything that supports the mission strategy of the respective convention partner.
- Able to raise support and process it through NAMB.
- Insurance available through Guidestone.
- Education and experience requirements established by the field request.
- Not included in NAMB’s missionary count.
- NAMB divorce policy & guidelines applies only to those serving in lead pastor role.
- Must be active member of SBC church.
- 20 hours per week minimum required for duration of assignment (allowing normal time off).
- Basic Training available online.
The Selection and Application Process
- Email (preferred) or mail completed application with a photograph to the MSC office of the Kentucky Baptist Convention. Download the Kentucky MSC Application (.pdf) now (you’ll need to print and write in your answers), or the Kentucky MSC Application (Word) (which you can fill out on your computer).
- When the completed application is received, it is evaluated for possible field assignment by KBC and NAMB , the applicant is consulted, and if approved, an assignment is made.
- Application and placement are handled as Administrative Process by NAMB and the KBC (typically a 30 day approval process).
- A list of field requests and service opportunities is available from the Kentucky Baptist Convention or the Volunteer Mobilization department of the NAMB.