March 18, 2014
Pastors and other church staffers who are new to Kentucky, their position, or the Kentucky Baptist Convention, or Christian leaders interested in learning more about the Kentucky Baptist Convention are invited to this free event.
Participants and their spouses will have the opportunity to meet KBC leaders, and leaders from Kentucky Baptist affiliated agencies and institutions. There is a time of worship, informal Q & A, a tour of the Kentucky Baptist Building and more.
Help KBC discover how we can more effectively partner with you to fulfill the Great Commission!
The event begins with registration and fellowship at 9:30 a.m., EDT
- Worship and Welcome
- KBC Overview
- Walking Tour of Kentucky Baptist Building
- Meet the Executive Director-Treasurer
- Dialogue with Kentucky Baptist agencies/institutions leaders
- Q&A (agencies/institutions leaders)
KBC reimburses participants’ mileage for the event, and for one evening of lodging for participants traveling from more than three hours away. The event is free but registration is required.
Click here to share with us the name of someone you would like us to invite, OR to register yourself.
March 27, 2014
What does it take to start a church?
Basic Training for Church Planting is an equipping event for:
- Church planters, teams and spouses
- Potential planters
- Sponsoring/partnering church leadership
- Directors of Missions
- Others interested in church planting
- Vocational, bi-vocational and lay-led teams
It is not only a workshop on how to plant a new church; it is a journey of growing in your faith in Jesus Christ.
Come ready to learn and to enjoy working with church planting teams and Kentucky Baptist Convention church planting leaders. This will be a great experience in which God will work to guide and direct you as you move forward to plant a church that plants churches.
The workshop is designed for church planters and spouses, church planting teams, church planting sponsors, DOMs and anyone interested in planting churches. The event will be held at the Kentucky Baptist Building, 13420 Eastpoint Centre Drive in Louisville.
No fee to attend, but registration is required. Click here to register now.
April 11, 2014
Leading an international mission trip is an incredible privilege. It’s also a major responsibility. Prepare yourself now by learning what to expect, how to plan your strategy and how to manage those important logistics. Team Leader Training is open to any Kentucky Baptist planning to lead a mission trip or interested in learning more about leading a trip.
You’ll learn best practices for:
- Leading a Mission Team
- Communicating with Those Involved
- Planning the Team’s Strategy
- Building and Preparing a Team
- Funding the Mission Project
- Taking Wise Precautions
- Doing Missions on the Field
- Departing, Arriving, Returning, Reporting
- Putting it All Together
Spread the word! If you know someone in your church or association who would be interested in leading a volunteer mission team, please invite him or her to attend.
|6:45 pm||Training Sessions|
|8:30 am||Doors Open|
|9:00 am||Training Sessions|
|1:00 pm||Training Sessions|
- Qualities of a Good Team Leader
- Fundamentals of Team Leadership
- Training the Team for Effectiveness
- Team Spiritual Preparation
- Team Health and Safety Precautions
- KBC Volunteer Opportunities
- Church Planting Strategy and Your Participation
- Tips on Communicating
- Security and Crisis Management
- Funding the Missions Trip
- Passports, Visas and Other Necessary Documents
- Planning Your Trip Step-by-Step
There is no charge for the training, but registration is required. Click here to register now. Your gifts through the Cooperative Program support this valuable training event.
As an added bonus, those who complete Team Leader Training and then head up a team for the KBC in the future will receive a $500 scholarship toward that trip.
A complimentary hotel room (double occupancy) will be provided for the first 50 registrants upon request.)
April 24, 2014
- Is there room for improvement by your church musicians, singers and technicians?
- Are they producing an inviting, inspiring, engaging sound and environment?
- Do they understand the importance of their servant role?
- Does the congregation resist or struggle to engage in singing praises to God?
- Could music be used more effectively as an expression of true worship?
Join us for a FREE Event that includes lunch on April 24th! The More than Music workshop is for all worship leaders who want to dive deeper into the meaning of true worship.
The workshop is FREE but advance registration is required. Click here to register now.
We are excited to have Grant Norsworthy leading us. He is originally from Melbourne Australia but now lives in Nashville, TN. He is a Grammy nominated and Done Award winning band member of PC3 and Sonicflood. But it’s with his solo ‘word of song’ work that has allowed Grant to find his ‘voice’.
Grant Norsworthy has developed a teaching program specifically for church musicians, singers and technicians.
With both practical and theological components, any team having experienced the workshop will not only be presenting a higher quality of music, but will also understand more fully their role of the worshiping, servant-hearted musician.
Grant Norsworthy has vast professional experience and success as a band member with Paul Colman Trio (PC3) and Sonicflood and as a hired ‘gun’ for many other well-known CCM artists. Originally from Melbourne, Australia, and with a bachelor’s degree in teaching, Grant offers outstanding instruction for every aspiring and experienced church musician, singer and technician.