Cedaridge Ministries is in need of volunteer teams to sponsor events throughout the year. They also have some resource needs. Needs include:
- Volunteers to sort clothes & other items to be distributed to families as they come to the Center.
- Teams needed for other areas of ministry such as children/ youth events, prayer walking, witnessing, delivering and picking up resources, home visits, and block parties in the community.
- Volunteers to work in recycling center where they will bail cardboard, paper, and used clothing that people have picked over & organizations have more than they can handle. (PLEASE NOTE that this is all clean material.) Volunteers are also needed to help with receiving, processing, & shipping materials.
Urgent Need for a 72″ Horizontal baler, for cardboard and other recycling material, for their Recycling Center. The volume of material has grown to the amount that it is very hard for the current balers to keep up with. Call for additional information.
- Teams are needed to do major and minor home repair in community such handicap ramps, roof repairs, insulation and siding.
- Material needs : clean, sorted clothing, shoes, toys and food for Christmas outreach, Bibles, tracts, school supplies, toilet paper, paper towels, laundry and dish detergent, plastic forks and spoons, paper plates, cups, non-perishable food and ink cartridges. Also have an urgent needfor a forklift.
- Cedaridge is in need of a golf cart to use in getting people to and from their buildings for ministry, for showing and giving tours of the ministry, for visitors, etc. They can use a two-seater golf cart or a side by side that will seat at least four. If someone has a golf cart they could donate, or one to sell at a reasonable price, please contact Director Keith Decker.
- Cedaridge is in desperate needof a golf cart, a new or like new pickup truck, 2 Cargo Vans, and 2 Box Trucks. Their current vehicles are no longer reliable and too old to justify costly repairs needed.
- Team needed to pressure wash and spray paint ministry building.
- Cedaridge Ministry can also use teams to help with special Christmas events. They can use food, toys, clothing, hygiene items and school supplies for the Christmas event and year-round.
10. URGENT NEED for 3 10-ton air
Cedaridge Ministry helps the needy and homeless in Southeastern Kentucky to have a better way of life both spiritually and physically through outreach events (children/youth events, home visits, block parties, Thanksgiving/Christmas events, etc.), food & clothing distribution, home repairs, and any need the family may have. They serve around 5000 individuals per month and have about 400 organizations and churches in a 9 county area.
Cedaridge is a faith-based 501-c-3 ministry, with main ministry building and offices located in Williamsburg, KY. They also have satellite ministries in Jackson County, King Town Center in Barbourville, and the Corn Creek Community Center. Volunteer teams are needed at all locations.
Size of Teams: May Vary.
Housing and Food Preparation:
Housing is available at the center. Call for information on cost. Housing may also be available at Laurel Lake Baptist Camp, University of the Cumberlands, and local motels. Food may be prepared at center.
Materials for Project: Teams will provide.
Are Background Checks of Volunteers Required for this project? Yes. Call for details.
390 Watts Creek Road
Williamsburg, KY 40769
PO Box 818
Williamsburg, KY 40769