Position Description —
General Purpose of Position:
Provide an onsite presence at cleftRock Retreat Center to oversee all aspects of property maintenance as well as hospitality for guests. cleftRock property includes six cabins and one multipurpose meeting and dining facility, a picnic pavilion, playground and basketball court all situated on approximately 30 acres in Rockcastle County, Kentucky. The surrounding 500 acres are privately owned by cleftRock friends who allow cleftRock guests access to hike along the trails through the woods and to the Rockcastle River.
cleftRock Retreat is 50 years old and is undergoing a refresh of all aspects of the property. The Operations Manager job in 2023 will include more construction/remodel projects than usual as we focus on updating all aspects of cleftRock.
- A Christian couple/individual whose beliefs are in line with cR Statement of Faith (on website cleftRock.org)
- In alignment with the cleftRock Vision and Values
- Have the gift of Hospitality
- Experience with property maintenance and possess “handyman” skills
- Active in local church and intentionally seeking to grow in their relationship with Jesus
- Able to communicate effectively with others
- Physically able to perform duties needed for job (housekeeping, building maintenance and repairs, landscape maintenance)
- Willing and able to live onsite in housing provided (cleftRock is in a rural area of KY)
- Able to work well with others (Board, volunteers, guests, contract labor)
- Able to take initiative and work well alone
Preferred but not required: Cooking skills
- Oversight of maintenance and cleaning of all property, including buildings and grounds – work will be hands on as well as supervisory
- Oversight of all hospitality – caring for all aspects of guest experience
- Oversight of kitchen and food services
- Oversight of all capital improvements/construction projects
- Oversight of maintaining a quiet, safe, inviting atmosphere for guests
- Maintain inventory of supplies to keep properties stocked for guests
Reports to the Director
Salary: $30K/ year with on-site housing provided
Position is full time. Time off will need to be flexible as Managers are required to be on site when retreat guests are on property. Retreats are primarily, not exclusively, on the weekends.
The expectation for all employees is to support the company’s mission, vision, culture and core values while adhering to all company policies. The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required, The position may require other duties as assigned and can be changed at any time by the company.