Louisville—Through the gifts of generous donors of years past, Kentucky WMU is able to award a limited number of college and seminary scholarships annually. The application deadline is Feb. 15.
Kentucky WMU scholarships were established through endowments and the criteria for awards were made by the original donors. Applicants must meet the criteria stated for each scholarship to be considered. The following scholarships are awarded annually:
- Ruby D. Wetterer Scholarship is granted to women or men who are natives of Kentucky and preparing for a vocational career in missions or WMU work at Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.
- Janie Cree Bose Anderson Scholarships are awarded to women preparing for Christian service at any accredited college, university or seminary.
- Mrs. George B. Eager Scholarship is granted to women who are natives of Kentucky who are preparing for a vocational career in missions, social work, or WMU work and attending a Christian graduate school or seminary.
- Snider-Creal Scholarships are given to outstanding Acteens attending an accredited college or university. Girls who have been involved in Acteens may apply during their senior year in high school.
- State Missionaries Children Scholarships are available to children of state missionaries attending a Kentucky Baptist college or any collegiate nursing program.
Kentucky WMU also awards Anniversary Scholarships to students attending Kentucky Baptist colleges and schools. Recipients are selected by the school president and must meet the following criteria: native of Kentucky, fulltime student, sophomore or higher standing, financial need, and minimum GPA of 2.7.
Scholarship applications are reviewed and approved by the WMU Scholarship Committee and Kentucky WMU Executive Board. Applications are due by Feb. 15 each year and students must reapply each year.
For more information about each scholarship and to download an application form, go to www.kywmu.org/scholarships. (WMU)