Oneida Baptist Institute has a mission of providing an environment which challenges each student to acquire an education for time and eternity. Here are some of the comments from our equipped saints/graduates regarding their time at Oneida.
• Female student from Manchester, Ky.
—When I first arrived at OBI, everyone was very welcoming, which was something I had not experienced anywhere else. I made many friendships that I hope last forever. I truly felt cared about during my time here.
• Female student from Michigan — OBI has changed my life. I came looking for a fresh start and OBI offered that to me and so much more. I truly have a family here. I have made friends that I will cherish for life and relationships that will last forever. I want to thank all of the OBI staff for helping me become the young lady I am today.
• Male student from Colorado — When I first came to OBI, I didn’t think it was a place I’d end up loving so much, but I’ve made some lifelong friends and built bonds that will last forever. It’s a place where everyone is very caring for a young person’s success.
• Female student from Thailand — Everything was wonderful and I am grateful to have been a student here. My favorite memory is when I was in choir because I had a chance to travel to a lot of churches in Kentucky. I want to thank God for opening the way for me. OBI staff is a part of my processing life. Thank you so much for guiding me while I was at OBI.
• Female student from Ethiopia — OBI is the definition of being Christlike in everything.
• Male student from Manchester, Ky. — I got saved when I was 7 years old and have learned a lot about Him while attending OBI, which I am thankful for. It has been a great experience to be an OBI student. I have made a lot of new friends, including local kids and kids from other states. I have really enjoyed what time I had at OBI and wish it hadn’t ended so soon.
• Female student from Georgetown, Ky. — My time at OBI has taught me that the path that I was on was not a good one. The staff helped me understand that life isn’t fair sometimes and it’s not all about me. Without the staff at OBI and my friends I would be in a really dark place right now.
• Female student from Leitchfield, Ky.
My time at OBI has been amazing. I came in the seventh grade and wasn’t too sure about it, and then realized that this place was full of wonderful people and I made many I chose to stay at OBI because it’s not every day that you see people from around the world and can grow bonds with them.
• Female student from Ethiopia — I truly enjoyed OBI and the people there — I have many friends from all over the world and I have more experience now. I want to show my appreciation for everyone from OBI for investing their money, time, love and hard work on every student. Ever since I started school, I couldn’t wait to walk across the stage wearing my graduation gown and get my diploma so I could finally be out of school, go to college and get a job. I guess God had a different plan. During this time I have realized that whatever we aim for or even wish for is in the hands of God and He could either say no or yes. I know with all my heart that God has a better plan for all of us.
Larry Gritton is president of Oneida Baptist Institute in Oneida, Ky.