Protecting the Vulnerable
Providing safety and security so that all church participants can worship, learn and fellowship together is an essential responsibility of every Kentucky Baptist church. It is not a responsibility to take lightly and all churches — no matter how big or small — must be deliberate in taking appropriate measures to enhance the safety and security of their facilities and programs. Below you’ll find a variety of materials to help you protect your congregation:
Sample Church Policies
- Church Child Protection Basics
- Sample Child Protection Policy
- Sample Screening Questions
- Screening Church Leadership
Background Check Services
Protect My Ministry is a background check company that offers reduced rates for KBC churches. For individuals that have resided outside of Kentucky, it is recommended to perform background checks that would include checking records outside of Kentucky.
LifeWay endorses backgroundchecks.com to offer background screenings for churches and religious organizations at discounted prices. Since then, churches and religious organizations have been able to conduct background screenings for their camp counselors, bus drivers, staff, volunteers and others.
Group has partnered with a leading risk management provider to bring you Shepherd’s Watch affordable background checks with accurate results.
Registered Sex Offenders in Your Neighborhood
- Family Watchdog
- Kentucky Sex Offender Registry– Kentucky State Police database of sex offenders
- National Database of Sex Offenders– U.S. Department of Justice sex offender database
Reporting Child Abuse
- Frequently Asked Questions: Reporting Child Abuse
- Preventing Child Sexual Abuse Within Youth-serving Organizations Manual (U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services manual)
- Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect Booklet
- Keeping Your Church Safe by Ron Aguiar– A practical blueprint for churches covering all aspects of church security and safety for staff, premises and members. It’s a well-outlined, easy-to-follow guide in establishing an effective security program for congregations of all sizes. Book available from Amazon.com.