The Haven of Rest is requesting help with:
- Pressure Washing and Staining treated wood on facility grounds.
- 3-day long Vacation Bible School for local churches
- Coordinate Community Projects: Cleaning projects (yard work, household cleaning), God’s Promise Trail cleaning, Community clean-up.
- Painting Projects
The Haven of Rest was designed as a parachurch organization to house and facilitate families who’s loved ones are housed at our local Federal Penitentiary. While helping loved ones to see their family members, the Haven of Rest also hosts mission groups to reach out into local communities to bring help to those who need it. They also offer the facilities for Bible studies, retreats, weekend get aways, or hosting family gatherings.
Date Teams are Needed: April-October 2023
Housing and Food Preparation:
- The Haven of Rest offers an occupancy of 45 guests, with seventeen rooms that offer twin beds, double beds or bunk beds. Each room facilitates a shower, toilet, and sink. A full kitchen, dining area, and a great room which features TV, lounge area, fireplace, piano, and lots of porch sitting.
- The kitchen facility does offer two refrigerators, deep freeze, microwave, ovens, and dish washers.
Cost Per Person:
- $15 per-person, per-night.
- Food, snacks, and drinks are up to the groups to provide.
- Bring your own bedding, towels, personal products
Materials for the project: Contingent upon the skillset of the group and the needs that are presented.
Are background checks of Team Members Recommended: No