OBI thankful for ministry success in 2020
The year 2020 certainly has been unique. While it might be easy to dwell on the things that have been challenging, we would all do well to consider God’s blessings, goodness, grace and provision during 2020 and to give thanks for all that we have.
I could make a very lengthy personal list and also a lengthy list for the OBI ministry, but please allow me to highlight 10 great things that have taken place within the OBI ministry during 2020.
1. 56 young people completed their OBI journey and set off to engage the culture for Christ.
2. Dozens of our students gave their lives to Christ.
3. Underwood Hall, our new dining hall facility, is coming along nicely and should be completed by next summer.
4. Our day student population grew even larger.
5. We expanded to a third daily bus route to help bring local students to campus each day.
6. Our faithful donors continued to bless us even during challenging times.
7. Improvements in our technological capabilities enabled us to minister to our students online during a time that we were not able to have them on campus.
8. Our young ladies were blessed to live in a wonderful new dormitory for the first time since 1960.
9. Our high school students benefited from 12 brand-new classrooms.
10. A new road created a new campus traffic pattern to make our campus safer.
I am sure you could make your own list as well — and while your list may not be read by others or shared through an outlet like the Western Recorder, I would encourage you to make your own list and reflect upon the Lord’s provision. I would venture to say that if you spent only 10-15 minutes making your list, you would be surprised to see what a large list you generate.
Perhaps your Thanksgiving celebration at the end of this month will look a little different than in past years, but as you give thanks to the Lord for His bountiful provision, please know that Oneida Baptist Institute is very grateful for you and the blessing you are to our ministry.
Larry Gritton is president of Oneida Baptist Institute in Oneida, Ky.