Did you know that 15% of Kentuckians are food-insecure, including 154,290 children? 

Kentucky has a higher percentage of food insecure households than the national average of 14.7 percent, but that rate varies significantly by county. Physical hunger is very real and so is spiritual starvation. For those hunger relief ministries that we partner with, it’s about more than just giving a box of food or serving a hot meal. The desire of KBC hunger relief ministries is to build relationships with people and eventually lead them to a relationship with Christ. Last year, Kentucky Baptists hunger relief ministries provided 45,260 meals. As a direct result of hunger relief ministries, 23,560 people world-wide, including 154 Kentuckians, professed faith in Christ.

You can learn more with the resources below or contact our Missions Mobilization team at missions@kybaptist.org or (502) 489-3530.

One hundred percent of all donations to the Kentucky Baptist Convention’s Global Hunger Relief fund goes to feeding hungry people.

Not a penny of your gift goes to administrative costs because the Cooperative Program and partnerships with local ministries cover overhead costs. 20% of Global Hunger Relief funds will be used for hunger relief in Kentucky, while the remaining 80% will be used by SEND Relief for domestic and international hunger relief projects. If you are a member of a Southern Baptist church, make your Global Hunger Relief gift by placing it in the offering plate at your church with “Global Hunger Relief” on your check or offering envelope. Or you can give directly by clicking the button below:

Give now

The Kentucky Baptist Convention in partnership with Global Hunger Relief is involved in relieving hunger locally, nationally, and internationally in many ways, from providing meals and groceries to hungry families to participating in famine and drought relief.

While August 25 is the designated day for promoting the Global Hunger Relief Offering, it should be a year-round emphasis because people go hungry every day.  You’ll find a plethora of resources on this website that will help you to promote this important offering that is meeting a critical need.



Find additional downloadable resources

Visit the Global Hunger Relief website
Learn More