What an interesting year this has been. If this was a normal year, this Western Recorder would have an article about the great things we enjoyed at the 2020 KY WMU Missions Celebration and Annual Meeting. Unfortunately, with the impact of the coronavirus you are reading a much different article.
It is with great regret that we inform our WMU family of the event cancellations during this time.
• April 16 – KY WMU Board Meeting & KY WMU Board Reunion Dinner
• April 17-18 – KY WMU Missions Celebration and Annual Meeting
• June 7-8 – WMU, SBC Missions Celebration and Annual Meeting, Orlando,
• June 27 – BNF Summer Meeting
• May 16 – SALT (postponed to the fall)
• Kentucky Changers (all weeks postponed to summer 2021)
• July 8-11 – Blume (postponed to summer 2021)
We are closely watching the updates on COVID-19, but prayerfully and cautiously optimistic on the upcoming Changers Kids (June 25-27) and RA Missions Campout and Racer Rally (July 31-Aug. 2). A decision will be made about these events on May 1.
Missions Celebration at Home
Feeling a little bummed because annual meeting was canceled? We are too! The good news is you don’t have to miss out! We are bringing the 2020 Missions Celebration to your home! Kentucky WMU has recreated a few resources that you can experience in the comfort of your home.
• Prayer experience
• Scripture writing plan
• A virtual “marketplace” (exhibit area)
• Mission projects workshops
• Worship service & missionary testimonies
Visit the Missions Celebration and Annual Meeting page to access resources today! www.kywmu.org/annualmeeting.
Engage with WMU Online
Don’t let this virus keep you digitally isolated! Stay connected with us on Facebook to learn the latest news from Kentucky WMU at www.Facebook.com/kywmu. We are also providing a daily prayer calendar and other ways to stay involved WMU through our Facebook page.
As you press on, remember these words from the Apostle Paul, “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:6-7).
Liz Encinia is executive director-treasurer of Kentucky Woman’s