I’m going to try a different approach and format to this column. I’m just going to rattle off some highlights of our school year.
– Dozens of young people have given their hearts to Jesus.
– We had a great revival Sept. 22-23. It was led by the KBC’s Jason “Bubba” Stewart and Pastor Kevin Roach of Calvary Baptist Church, Corbin.
– Between 35 and 50 students per week are voluntarily attending a Bible study group called the Lion’s Den on Sunday evenings at Oneida Baptist Church. The church’s new pastor is one of our house parents.
– Our new Carnahan-Daugherty building is rising out of the ground. Walls are in progress. We did a ceremonial groundbreaking on a rainy day on the porch of one of our buildings.
– We now have a dozen of the 50 needed $2,500 dorm room sponsorships.
– We have 322 students from 23 states and 20 countries.
– Our new K-5 has 38 students.
– Nearly 40 students are coming to school on our two bus routes.
– Both of our soccer teams were Class A Regional and Sectional Champions and participated in the state tournament.
– The students on our farm are hydroponically producing lettuce for our consumption.
– One of our female students is an FFA creed speaking state champion and will be a part of the national creed speaking competition at the National FFA Convention in Louisville.
– We have a new 2009 travel, coach-type bus. It was purchased this summer to be used primarily by our choir. Our choir already has 27 bookings for this school year. We have openings on Feb. 14 and May 8.
– Scores of visitors and volunteers continue to roll in each week.
– Twenty percent of our staff this year is alumni.
– God continues to be faithful to our ministry.
Thank you for helping us to achieve all of these great things and more!
Larry Gritton is the president of Oneida Baptist Institute.